How to use this blog

Welcome to I Teach Preschool. I have created this site to collect and share the wonderful early childhood educational resources available on the web!

I will try to label each post to make finding resources that fit your needs easier. To save time, posts about sites/products/items/ideas will generally be in bullet format with just a few notes about the site/product/item/idea to quickly and easily help you find what you are looking for!

I am available for product and curriculum review. Please contact me via e-mail for more details. Please note, products and curriculum materials will NOT be returned following review.

I encourage comments on posts and would welcome contributors to the site. Please e-mail me with your favorite site links, creative teaching ideas, art projects and tips!

Want to share this blog with a friend, fellow teacher or homeschooler? Just send me their e-mail address and I will invite them to join the site so they can view it too!

Be sure to look for the E-mail subscription box on the right side of the page. By signing up for E-mail subscriptions you will get the posts delivered right to your e-mail inbox!


Copyright advice

I do my best to link to as many sites as possible and keep this site organized and useful for early childhood educators.

When visiting sites I have listed, please make sure you check the copyright policies for downloads and printed material.

Some sites specifically state the items available are for personal or home use and some also include classroom use.

I recommend contact a site if you are unsure of their use policy.

Also, remember you can use ideas you see on sites to create your own resources!

E-mail me link

Email me

Monday, September 27, 2010

Getting the attention of your student's and strengthening observation skills

Here is a quick way to get student's attention AND work on their observation skills. Next time you are trying to get your class to be quiet tell them that you have changed something about yourself and they have to be detectives and figure out what is different about your appearance.
Tell the students that once they spot the difference they should raise their hand. Then stand and wait and let your kiddos admire you! Offer a small reward such as a sticker sticker to the first student who can spot the difference in your appearance and raise their hand.

Some examples of ways that you can "change" your appearance are: untuck or tuck in your shirt, put on sunglasses, put a bandaid on your hand, put a sticker on your cheek, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment